When is an appropriate time to start givng babies water?

infant baby of 5 months. I just want to know when I can start giving her water when she goes outside with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is Probably old enough right now for water, I gave all 3 of mine water by the time they were 5 months, and you can dilute apple juice and give it to her also . Hope this helps
    Anonymous

• If it is super hot where you live, you can give a couple ounces of water. I only just recently started giving my DD water and she is a year old. (I give it to her throughout the day so she isn't drinking so much juice)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think that was how old my dd was when I started giving her water! It was kinda funny cuz I my hubby and I were talking and I was like "do you think she's thirsty?" She loved it and I didn't see a problem with a little bit at a time... you don't want to give them much becuase they still need nutrients and water will fill their tummy but a little doesn't hurt.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you can give her a little like 2-3 oz a day but if she nursing or getting formula that has all the water she'll need although water is much thinner so be carefull she might choke a bit
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Water for a baby is unnessessary, it is just empty calories.....Formula or breastmilk is all she needs, if its hot out and she has just eatin, water is fine to cool her off but she does not need it.
    Anonymous

• I'd offer a small amount with solids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009