How would you move on

Back in September my dream came true, we moved to Florida to be closer to my family and because my dh was laid off. Well we ended up moving back to Texas because the school dd was in wasn't as good as her Texas school . Now 5 1/2 months later I see moving as a big mistake. We were just a bunch of scardy pants that when we went into a different situation we ran home. How do I move on from failing at my dream to live closer to family & by the beach. Right now I am hoping and praying that something will come up to allow us to try to live over there again, but my dh won't even talk about the possibility.

mar1215

Asked by mar1215 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• At least you tried it and got to see what it would be like living in Florida.I think you made the right choice to stay with the good school in Texas because it really does matter and she probably has friends she made there,she wouldn't want to leave them.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• your child's education is more important than the beach. And family is great to have around, but it can also be very stressful. You weren't in FL long enough to see the downsides so you can pine away for it like it would have been perfect. But you have the power to make Texas your dream place. You can get invovled in the school or a playgroup, take a class- anything to make Texas your new home. There's no point in being unhappy for something that isn't going to happen.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009