is it ok to eat alot of peanut butter while im pregnant?...i been craving it alot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Studies have shown that it's okay in moderation but should that peanut products should only be eating a maximum of twice a week, particularly in the 3rd trimester, because having many servings a week can increase your child's risk of a peanut allergy and asthma.
    Anonymous

• ive heard its good though, a good source of protein intake..
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 6:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My dr told me peanut butter was fine during pregnancy! You are supposed to limit it during breast feeding to reduce the possiblity of allergy
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 6:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It IS a good source of protien but it IS supposed to be limited. I promise you.

You can find the studies online with a simple google search. Also my LC said it should also be limited during breastfeeding but not to the extent of pregnancy because the foods we eat effect our breastmilk less than we think.

Like I said before it's most important to limit it in the 3rd trimester.
    Anonymous

• when i found out i had gestational diabetes i ate a peanut butter sandwich every morn in the 3rd trimester and my baby's fine
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• why would wic give you penute butter if you couldnt eat it while pregnant.
    Anonymous

• U bet you a million bucks your having a boy! :)
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I craved that a lot too with my last pregnancy and my midwife said it was fine. I ate it almost everyday, sometimes a few times a day and my baby has no alergies whatsoever. My midwife said to eat it in moderation when breastfeeding not when your pregnant. Hope this helps, good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• nope im havin a girl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009