for ppl with IUD's

When did you get your iud? Do you like it? Any complications? Did it hurt going in and have you had it removed? How do they remove it?

kcriswell

Asked by kcriswell at 6:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• for me when i got the iud it didnt hurt, i went to plan parent hood and they me ibuprofen. they say u get cramps when they put it in, i didnt fell it when they did. it felt like a normal doctors visit getting a pap. i get to keep my for 5 years, i dont have any complications with it at all. ive had it for 9 months i stopped getting my period. i spot lightly once every 3 months. all in all i love it i dont have to worry about getting pregant
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 6:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I LOVE mine! I have had it for 15 months. In the beginning I had spotting for the first four months, it sucked, but was manageable. Since then I had VERY light cycles and now they have ceased completely. I had some acne for a couple of months, but that cleared up as well. I used to have migraines often, at least 2-3 a week. Now I have maybe 2-3 a month. The best part is that there is no worrying about birth control. We never have to make sure we have a condom, I never have to remember a pill.
    We actually have more sex then ever because there is no worry about getting pregnant. I would recommend it. You can always have it removed if you don't like it.
    It didn't hurt at all when it was inserted, but I did have some light cramping for a few days.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I had one....I hated it from day one.....It didn't hurt to put it in....but was bleeding like a stuck pig for months on end...i could soak through a super tampon and a pad all in one shot in less then 5 minutes...it was horrible....The strings poked me and my husband....i just couldn't take it anymore...so i had it taken out....It didn't hurt to take it out....but.....this doesn't happen in all women....most women actully have great sucess with it.....hope all works well for you...
    hollymmm

Answer by hollymmm at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have the Mirena IUD currently, and at first I loved it...but now the hormones it contains are making me street rat crazy, so I have an appointment to have it removed and a Paraguard inserted instead. I love the convenience of the IUD though - so we'll see how my periods become with the new one, I've heard horror stories, but I can't handle being so up and down emotionally, so I'm hoping it will be a fair trade off.
    For me - the insertion was VERY painful, but I think I am just a wuss. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that my cervix had never been dilated at all before then (both of my kids were born by scheduled C-Sections).
    Overall though, I DO recommend trying one.
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 2:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2009