paci fairy

ok so this weekend the noonie (we call it a noonie) fairy is coming to take my dd's noonies away. (waiting til a weekend so it doesn't affect my lil brother's sleep since he's in high school) anyways, shes 3 1/2 only has them at night, i'm planning on just having her put them all in a basket at bed time than in the a.m. it have a small toy or new book in it. (can anyone say supernanny? :) ) unless someone else has a better idea that has worked really well for them. i already expect the fussing and temper tantrum for a night or two but if anyone has any ideas that will make it easier on her and me, i'm all for em

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 6:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was actually planning to use some of these cute ideas myself, but we ended up just hiding them and not mentioning them one night. They really never missed them as far as I can tell (it's been about a week and a half now). My babies are a little younger though - they are 21 months. I think your plan sounds good. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• the thing that worked for my mom on 3 of us was she "sent then to santa..." we packaged them up so santa could "send them to all the other babies" because we were big kids now... lol just an idea
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• no ideas but im stealing yours! hahaha i tried letting her give them to another baby (not to use the mom just threw them away but i thought if she could give them to another baby it would work) and it did until bed time, then i had to ransack the house to find another one! hahaha, shes 2 and i desperately want her off of it!
    Anonymous

• My son was addicted to those nuby soft top sippy cups. it was horrible, and thats exactly what i did, right before he turned 3. The sippy cup fairy came and took them right before nap one time. i never even thought to do a present!! thats such a good idea!! but it worked great for him! I told him that she visited our house and grandma and grandpas. hes done great ever since! GOOD LUCK!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Try taking a needle and piercing the paci to remove the vacuum. Then a few days later cut the tip off with a knife. Then a few days later cut a little more. Pretty soon there will be nothing left to suck!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• a paci at 3 1/2? that is way too old for a paci
    Anonymous

• That worked for us with bottles! The bottle fairy left a punching balloon (50 cents at Target) and my daughter was thrilled.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

Don't do that, its a huge choking hazard. When a pacifier gets a hole in the rubber part your suppose to throw it away because tiny pieces can start to fall off and the child can choke. Stick with your fairy idea, its really cute and will more then likely work just fine since most children like fairies and presents. Good Luck:)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• anon 7:42 thanks alot for your input. if i wanted someone to tell me my child was too old than i would have asked how old you think is too old. however i asked for ideas to get rid of it, which means that I, her mother, the person who should decide when shes too old for something. have decided that she is now ready to get rid of it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Just take it away and tell her she's a big girl and big girls don't have pacifiers any more.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009