Environmental RACISM. Please help me with your experiences

THE BEGINNING OF MY PAPER:

With all the issues that people can face while living in inner-cities throughout America, it seems unfair that there needs to be decisions made as to what is considered more pressing, instead of being able to resolve multiple issues at once. For example, many people believe, without enough cause, that the recent positive activity regarding environmental racism with different sources of pollution could possibly be detrimental to the inner-cities’ progress because it takes attention away from the need for more jobs, major health issues, and increasing crime rates.

How can I turn this into a narrative essay? Anyone gone threw this? I haven't experienced this so I'm assuming I'd need to write about a "friend". Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Also, I'm not sure how well this question fits into this particular section but honestly it doesn't really go in any of them.

I just really need some help, this has really got me stumped and this is my last day before my husband goes to work and I'm left with my teething six month old boy haha. Thanks again for ANY help you have to offer.
    Anonymous

• I would change your title because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The root word of racism is race and enviromental issue's deal with the human race in general and none specifically. It usually works out better to give your paper a title after it's done, so that you know it fits.
    I also don't understand on how enviromental issue's would take anything away from inner-city issue's. Wouldn't enviromental endevores help create some new jobs, and naturally make the world a healthier place and hopefully have less health issue's because there would be less toxins in the enviroment to harm people? The inner-city has always had crime problems and the only thing that would work is to elect judges who will lock up the criminals and quit unleashing them back into society.
    Anonymous

• I'm not much help on your paper, but please consider that the inner-cities have always had their problems and likely always will. The people who live there, live there because they chose to. Plenty of money has been spent trying to solve their problems and none of it has ever worked. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
    The enviroment however is an issue effecting all people and animals all over the world.
    Anonymous

• prepare yourself for an F
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i agree an F
    how is health care related to racism???
    Anonymous

• IF YOU WRITE THAT PAPER WITH THAT TITLE YOUR GONNA HAVE A VERY HARD TIME PROVING ANYTHING.. AND THEREFORE YES YOUR MORE LIKELY TO GET A BAD GRADE.. CHANGE THE TITLE..
    Thanks
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• An F? That's funny because that's just the beginning of the paragraph that I wrote for English 101 and got an A on! I guess none of you are teachers though, so you may just not really understand. Of course the paragraph is not finished because that was beside the point (further on it explains my reasons why for thinking this). I just wanted YOUR help because I have never experienced this and a narrative is more of a point of view than just plain facts.

By the way I was only allowed to use one source for this paragraph and that's where I got my facts. Thanks for criticizing the title and telling me that I'm going to get a failing grade instead of helping me at all. God you people are mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Oh and for all of you that are so fixated on the goddamn title, my teacher gave us one to use. I'd like to receive a good grade in this class so I do what she wants.

Seriously though, you guys must be miserable to be mean to a complete stranger and instead of helping with examples, just say negative shit. I'm a 19 year old single mom who is trying to get through college and NO that does not mean feel bad for me, but it does mean that you should just have said nothing if you weren't going to help with the actual question that I asked. You wasted my time and now I'm just going to bullshit the whole paper. Hopefully it turns out well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I AM a teacher. I would not give an "A", sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• So if you requested that your students do something particular with their writing, and they didn't, wouldn't you give them a lower grade? I do what she asks so that I know I'll get a better grade.

It's just common sense. And like I said before, I wasn't asking what sort of grade I'd get. I obviously was confused and needed help. Would you tell one of your students, "Sorry, you're definitely not getting an A on that" and then not help them with their question? I hope not because I would like to be a teacher someday and I would never do such a thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009