Chamomile Tea

Is it safe to give chamomile tea to a thirteen month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i know moms are going to get pissed at my answer, but i gave it to my 2 month old. i didn't use anything to sweeten it, just straight chamomile tea and it worked wonders on her poor belly. so in my opinion, i'd say go for it. it's an all natural remedy so what could it hurt?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i gave it to my dd when she was like 11 months old to help with gas. its all natural the only bad thing is the sugar thats put into it. and it also helps them sleep my dd is now 24 months and gets a cup before bed every night
    Anonymous

• I just gave it to my 15 month old the other day. I added a little cream and just a tad of honey.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• its fine! its all natural.just be careful of how much sugar you put into it. its great for helping them fall asleep or if their tummy hurts.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Herbs of any kind (including chamomile) are not regulated by the FDA for effectiveness or safety. So when you use any herbal remedy, you may not be getting what you think, and you may be getting ingredients or contaminates that you didn't expect and that you certainly don't want. So just as you wouldn't give your toddler a medicine without the doctor's approval, in my opinion you shouldn't give any herbal remedy without a medical okay either.
    Hinosgirl

Answer by Hinosgirl at 9:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Hinosgirl did you know that infant formula also isnt FDA approved? I'd much rather give my LO chamomile tea than formula... nasty stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thanks for that, but this isn't about infant formula. And just so you know, I've never used that stuff either. But my point earlier was that just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's safe for your child.
    Hinosgirl

Answer by Hinosgirl at 8:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009