doc vist today iam 37 weeks

he told me i am 1 1/2 cem dialated and 80% efaced !! he told me 2 more weeks though, i figured like anytime, what did ur docs say after you were checked

daniandlo

Asked by daniandlo at 6:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• congratulations! 80% effaced is a very big step towards a quicker and possibly upcoming labor! when i went at 38 weeks i was 2 cm and only 50%, and i stayed at 50% for another 3 weeks but since i was already half way when i had to be induced, that process went a little faster. keep doing whatever you're doing! =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Mine was about the same, but I had to be induced, so I went in to the hospital the same day my doctor told me. It's not uncommon though. One friend of mine was 3 cm dialated for 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I was 1 - 2 centimeters for about a month before I went into labor. Every woman is different.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Just look at it as less work to do when labor actually starts. Women can stay centimeters dilated for weeks before labor starts, or they can go into labor without being dilated at all. Good luck, it could happen safely any time, there really is no way of knowing though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• at my 38 week appointment i was barely 1 cm she said i was in for the long haul.......my water broke 3 hours later and yes i was in for the long haul 55 hours of labor!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009