How hard is it to change out a kitchen faucet?

Mine is a little ugly and I am thinking of changing it out, but I don't want to pay a plumber if it's just a small job. Has anyone changed their faucet out and if so, how difficult was it? I am looking at a one hole configuration.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It's a piece of cake! I've done them in the kitchen and bathrooms - hubby didn't know how to!

Remember to measure measure measure - and double check hole placement (for spray hose, etc.).

Have some plumber's tape on hand.
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 7:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My hubby said, It's easy and most faucet's come with instructions on how to do it. Remember to turn the water off before starting this project.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thanks. I am going to have to replace the water filters too, so I might just do it all at the same time.
    Anonymous

• Hubby said some can be a pain to reach, but most all are really easy to change.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's super easy. The instructions are really easy, just be sure to invest in a decent one b/c the cheap ones are harder to install and they tend to leak. And like a pp said, double check hole placement, it does make a difference. Even take a picture on your phone to take with you to the store, it helps.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 9:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• This depends on the condition of your pipes; it can be very simple or very complicated.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009