• In the Spotlight:

do you know?

of any calcium supplments i can give to my 2 year old? i can NOT get her to drink milk, ive tried the offer nothing else, ive tried flavors, ive tried everything!!! its been about a month since she drank milk, i thought id give it time maybe it was just a little phase, but it doesnt seem to be that way. also can i give her soy milk instead? i know it has all the calcium and everything as milk but i dont know if thats safe for my two year old. help me please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• soy milk would be safe for her.
    i would sneak milk into other stuff. mac and cheese, cereal, just use it to cook in whatever you can. and give her cheese, yogurt, and other foods that have calcium in them.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Have you tried pediasure? My daughter will drink that but not milk, my pediatrician recomended it, and she loves it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i give her cheese and yogurt she loves them she eats like 4 yogurt cups a day and everytime i open the fridge she wants cheese lol, she says mommy cheese or cheese please lol. but i didnt think that was enough. and i have tried pediasure, but shes not too fond of them she takes like two or 3 sips and shes done.
    Anonymous

• broccoli!!! Broccoli has more calcium in it than milk does. My daughter is 19 mo and i've been giving her flinstones vitamins to help as well. Also, cheese, yogurt, cereal. My daughter won't drink milk either and I'm trying to get her to as well.... The only way I can is when I sit down and drink it with her. I'm lactose and tolerant so it makes me sick to my stomach but if she'll drink it i don't care.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• a mommy will do anything to make sure her child is healthy! lilmama, im sorry you have to get sick to do it, but mommys can and will do anything for their child! lol
    Anonymous

• Well if she is eating cheese and yogurt, I wouldnt worry to much about it. I know milk is hard wiored into everyone as the best way to get calcium, but it sounds like she is geting anough to me.
    Anonymous

• I'd really try foods first. Cheese, yogurt, etc.
    But there are gummy vitamin calcium "pills". Just look in the kid's vitamin section.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• u can also try smoothies for her this is how i get my dd to get extra calcium in her
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If she eats a lot of cheese and yogurt that's all she needs. Nobody NEEDS milk.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• absoulutly!!! if she will drink soy it is still good for her just has less of the calories than whole milk....also try those pediasure drinks....walmart has their own brand they are on the aisle with the formula. they are expensive but they only need one a day....talk to ur pediatrician too they may kno of other things that will help with her calcium intake. my oldest son still drinks soy milk, as a baby he was on soy based formula then soy milk..... he has a hard time tolerating regular milk.
    KeLiStA

Answer by KeLiStA at 7:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009