Everything is a mess

Okay I have 3 children 6,5,and 1 and one on the way and my house is falling apart. I can't seem to get a grip on it I use to be a complete control freak before kids and now I can't seem to get a grip on anything any advice on how to get things more orginzed or how to make things more functional would be great....I am losing my mind and my house...Thanks

vanessa1208

Asked by vanessa1208 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• what is the worst room? start there, spend a day or two going through it, cleaning it, organizing it, throwing stuff out. than move on to the next room. it takes awhile but once you get it organized and clean its much easier to maintain. you can get the kids to help to keep them occupied, give them a rag and spray the counters let them wipe them off. tell them to pick out all the toys that they want to give to kids w/o toys etc....get bins and bin stuff you dont use often. by the door put some small bins for the kids stuff to get dropped in when you come in the door (diaper bags, book bags, shoes, etc)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• There are some cleaning house groups on here you should check out they play games while cleaning or you can go to flylady.com she is also a good help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• you do realize you are goign to have to give up some of that control right? you can't keep a house as clean with kids as without.
    start in the public rooms and put baskets in there so you can swipe all the toys and drop them in for a quick pick up. no food in the living room. no toys in the living room. and the kids are old enough to help with the dishes and young enough to enjoy it. take advantage. small steps.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thank you for all the advice...I am starting today to get it together.
    vanessa1208

Answer by vanessa1208 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My kids are 9,4,and 2. what helps us is the closet organizers from homedepot or lowes. I think I paid like 100 a closet for the stuff. Just buy what you need. No fancy system. I just bought some extra shelfing and stuff. Bins for toys, and doing a serious 'spring cleaning' every 6 months. If you havent used it in that 6 months, You dont need it. Much more managable since Ive started that and got more organized
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009