What do I do? IM GOING INSANE!

My dd will be 10 months this month and she freaks out everytime I leave the room, dh will be sitting right there and she throws a huge fit. Its getting to the point now where I can hardly clean up,pee,shower or anything else because shes crying the whole entire time. What do I do? How can I break her of this? Please help me IM GOING INSANE!

TINYFEET08

Asked by TINYFEET08 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did she still do that since she was born?
    or because you hold her alot?
    Amanda142

Answer by Amanda142 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I bet she grows out of it and quits doing it eventually. I remember my son doing that when he was a baby too!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• it's a phase and it will go away...just keep chanting that.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• OMG i'm there! my dd started this at 6 months, the normal time for them to start the seperation anxiety stage. i got it out of her, within a week. she's 10 months now and doing it again, only worse! my son never did this, i got it out of him at 6 months, and he never did it again. i just let her cry. if i have to pee or do something in the other room,she sits in the other room and just cries till i get back. that's how i got it out of her the first time, that's how i'm doing it again. since it's worse it may take longer. i think it's more on the lines of big brother likes to pick on her alot and he won't do it if i'm in the room...he's stopped since i've been getting onto him more about it but i think she's still a little nervous
    Anonymous

• I would just let her cry... she needs to get use to being with her dad... and anyone else. As long as she is safe and not just left to scream (being held, played with, hugs...) then I would just let her cry. She will learn to trust other people that way... if you get nervous and run back everytime she crys then she will feed off of that and it will continue.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• MY DD is the SAME WAY! she is 17 months now and it is still bad, though getting a little better. It drives me nuts. DH says i should be flattered that she loves me so much. ::sigh:: He can say that because she's not hanging on his leg while he's trying to cook dinner...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My dd did that a lot, too. I am home with her in the mornings and have to clean house, shower (and pee, too!), I would put her in her exersaucer or swing and then just continue to talk to her or sing to her so she could at least hear me. I would come back (of course) and at least let her see me. She would cry a little, but got over it. Good luck.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• mine does that still at 19 mo... i'm the only one here now dh is deployed but I figured it was normal and no way to stop it..
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It will all be ok just let her do it and act like you dont see it my sister is going though it now she let her son cry and its been 2 weeks and he dont do it as much!!
    babybrooker

Answer by babybrooker at 9:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Sane with me my son will be having a ball playing with his toys in his walker. The minute he sees me getting further away he'll scream his head off. Oh and don't let me walk buy he get as loud as he can. Most of the time my mom or his dad is right there eith him. But I know it's from holding him too much and he knows Iam mom. Also I was watching this baby video and they said when we leave they have the idea that were not going to return. But his scresm torches me I get so annoyed but sad at the same time!
    MzBee2009

Answer by MzBee2009 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009