When Should I ???

So today I am 20 weeks today wow half way there.
Ok i have a question when should i start buying things for my little girl?
When should i start planning for the baby shower?

My mom has bought a stroller/carseat travel system, a pack and play with basinett, and a swing for the little one already. She actually brought it over today. Hubby had a heart attack talking about it is too early. But the way I was looking at it is that i would rather have everything sooner than waiting until the last minute.

I was on line doing the baby shower invitations and he told me that I am going to jinx things with the baby. I am looking to have the shower in August sometime.

What do you ladies think? Should I stop what I am doing until later? Baby is due the end of October the 30th.

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 8:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im due Aug 12th adn I have only bought like four outfits and some things from a rummage sale. LOL
    havent even had a shower yet (I dont think Im gonna have one)
    I dont think its ever too early, but DONT TAKE TAGS OFF of ANYTHING That screams girly-
    I was told I was having a girl, well they were WRONG and I had a bunch of girly girl stuff and I couldnt take anything back :(
    waist of alot of money!
    Anonymous

• I think that sounds fine. You are out of the 'Danger Zone' at this point and should be thinking about getting things in order. At least picking out what you want to buy. Choosing a room theme if you are going to have one. Better to start early and be prepared. Plus If he is wanting to wait until you are 8 months pregnant, at that point you will be tired and swollen and NOT into the shopping and decorating scene. I think you should definitely get started now while you are still feeling pretty good! And it's sooo much fun planning for the baby.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The day I found out I was having a girl I went and got some outfits. I think I had my shower around 30 weeks. It isn't too early, I knew someone who waited and didn't even have a carseat to bring the baby home because she was early.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I am also due in October and I already have my daughtters nursery set up. I have to finish with all her clothes and things like that. But I would say you are right on schedule. You never really know when the baby is going to come so just like you I would rather have everything set up and here before she gets here. Tell your husband to calm down the risk of a misscarriage now is very slim. Good luck to you and congrads on your little girl.
    Anonymous

• i was due in june and starting working on my shower (well my mom and cousin did the work) in january because i knew it would be june before i knew it!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No you're right on time... and congrats!... My daughter (4) was born on October 30th... and my 2nds due November 7th... wow 2 bdays and trick or treating in one week... that just dawned on me! lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 10:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2009