any gooc travel tips for car trip from ny to nflorida with hubby and 3 boys ages 7,9,13 and 1 year old baby ohh and places we could stop to see along the way?

mari2120

Asked by mari2120 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For the younger boys I would head over to the Dollar Store & pick up some toys they have never seen before. Car games I'm sure u could look some up online... thats all I have to suggest :(
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• thanks
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• cheap travel dvd player, my son loved that he was 3 yrs old.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Every hour they each get a 'present'. You wrap them individually, and the time goes by so much faster! Candy, drawing paper, crayons, stickers, game book etc. My grandma did this for my sister and I when we would travel from Michigan to West Virginia when we were youngsters.
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My mom and sister made that trip often... I loved going to south of the border!! Stopping at some stores that have unique items not native to home is always fun. We ALWAYS sang song (there was an old lady who swalloed(sp?) a fly, theres a hole in the bottom of the sea, etc) and games like alphabet where u have to find something on the big advertising boards with a then b then c n so on. I spy was fun. Mom would always pack a picnic and we would stop at a park or rest stop and have lunch which was nice to get out some energy and enjoy the scenery.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• mom, sis, and I ha ha.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009