Baby soap or Gain?

Does it really matter what I use to wash baby clothes? Or should I buy the Dreft?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Idk... i have used dreft from the day we got our place (2wks before she came) to now and she's 19 mo old now. I was wondering when to switch to reg stuff. I was told to use it becuase it's softer on babies skin and i've seen it helps keep clothes looking new
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• A lot of babies break out when clothes are washed in other clothes. You can try Gain or whatever, but if your baby breaks out, switch to Dreft.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have used Dreft since the day she was born. I bought a huge bottle and haven't run out yet. Her skin is so sensitive I just know if I was using anyother detergent she would break out. When I run out of this bottle I will try switching.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I've used just whatever we have at the time since day one. There's never been a problem, and it's a lot less expensive than buying a special kind.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I used baby soap for the first month or so- then I asked what the difference was, and it's because some babies get some sort of a skin rash/allergic reaction to the chemicals in soap. So I tried Gain and have been using it ever since. She's 8 months now
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my son has very sensitive skin...we use ALL FREE. its great! actually switched from dreft because the whole family can use it and it cost less.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Just like brodysmama23, we use all free clear. It's cheaper than dreft, and seems to be just as easy on my baby's skin. I would go with a free clear. I think it's better for you, period.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you dont have to use dreft, you can use any type that is "free and clear" i use the cheap purex free and clear and it works better than dreft actually and it costs a few dollars. look at it thi way the cheap stuff works because its not like abbies are out rolling in mud yanno? lol why spend 10 bucks when you can spend 3?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2009