My 5 year old son has started head twitching. Like jerking to the right. its involntary and sees the dr tomorrow. I want to see if any other mom have kids with this issue.

kimskids123

Asked by kimskids123 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No, but we have a friend whose son used to do that. I got worried and started doing research and found that playing too many video games for long periods of time can cause it...they would let him play for hours on end. I also read about Tourette's. Good luck tomorrow!
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• IS he on any medications? some medications can cause that. Ritalin and Stretara are big causes there are others too just cant think of them right now
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• he's not on and meds. he dpesnt play video games either. He does have a runny nose and sneezing and watery eyes.
    kimskids123

Answer by kimskids123 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My nephew had the same thing, a twitch that started when he was young and as he got older he developed a few more. The doctor who sees him now is like 99% sure it is from tourettes syndrome but we are still waiting for the results. A friend of mine also did the same thing and was diagnosed with Tourettes. Wait and see what the doctor says and good luck and all the best.
    londonmommyof2

Answer by londonmommyof2 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my little sister had a face twitching thing. My mom went to a natural Dr. and they were able to cure it by cutting back on the sugar in her diet. Not just candy but all processed things with sugar.
    Look into hypoglycemia.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009