Do looks matter?

Ok this has been buggin me for a while. My boyfriend has a child that he has been claiming since before we even thought about each other. Well I hear in the streets that the boy aint his. I mean the child is light bright with reddish straight hair. He looks nothing like him to me or other people. I wonder why is it that everbody else in our town have doubts and can even name the alleged father which the boy does look like, but him nor his family seem to question the issue? Now this is the catch, we have a baby too, light bright and looks just like me. Me and the other "baby momma" favor a lot. So am I jus trippen, cause you cant look at my baby and say oh he looks like his dad. But my baby still has a lot of growing up to do. I mean u can see some of his dad's features in him so people say. Am I jealous of this other child? Im I jus curious? Either way I would never bring up the subject I just wish that he would.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• No wonder your with your boyfriend. He sounds like a sweety. It must feel good to know that your man is so dedicated to him commitments that he still accepts a child that may not biologically be his own. My older brother is like that too. One of his son's aren't his by blood but he's dedicated to being the dad that he always was.
    Far to few men step up to the plate like that. Kudos for you to have found him!
    Anonymous

• I have one son who looks almost exactly like their dad, and the other one looks very much like me. I don't think looks are really a good way to know if someone is the father/mother, unless it's like with my older son, who is pretty much their father's doppelganger.

You could always ask him about getting a paternity test done, but honestly, if he's been claiming this child this long, I'd say that he wants to be a dad to him, whether he is his father or not, and that's more than some men are willing to do. I'd be proud that I had such a great guy. Sounds like you really found a wonderful man.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2009