do you have a favorite bible verse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hebrews 11
    By Faith
    1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1 John 2:15-17 (KJV) 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Can't say that I do.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I don't know the scripture but it goes;Eye has not seen,ears have not heard the plans the Lord has for them that love him.Also;God says,For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord,plans to not harm you but to give you a future and a hope.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Joshua 1:9

This is my command - be strong and courageous!
    Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord, your
    God is with you where ever you go .
    Anonymous

• Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version)
    11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

This verse is comforting to me because so much of life is unknown and it reminds me that God is in control and on my side.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thank you, teamquinn, I got on here to post that very verse and you already did! It is my favorite, too. It is so comforting to know that He has a plan!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Romans 8:28-
    For we know all things work together for the good, for those love God and are called according to His purpose.

I love this, because ALL THINGS ARE NOT GOOD... but God has a plan for everything that we face, and nothing happens without purpose. That is, for those people that the last part mentions.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Psalm 15:
    Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

5He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.
    Groovy-flor

Answer by Groovy-flor at 12:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• PROVERBS 3: 5, 6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight

PHILLIPIANS 4:13 I can do all things thru Christ who strenghtens me

These are the Scripture verses I quoted 5 million or more times thru my breast cancer treatments
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009