Is TV, video games and internet and all that from the devil?

I had a religion teacher that did not have a television.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't speak for video games, but I believe television and the internet is a blessing from God and a product of intelligence that he created, but the devil "infiltrates" it. He makes that which is evil look good.
    AngelPuff1012

Answer by AngelPuff1012 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• what you put on the tv and Internet determines if it is of the devil or not..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No, but then again, I don't believe in a devil. :-) However, media of any kind can cause us to check out of our own bodies, can be a barrier to consciousness and awareness, and can present a habitual time drain. This can certainly interfere in spiritual growth. Also children raised with media UNCHECKED by awareness modeled by their parents can grow up with the memes carried therein. Which is a barrier for their spiritual growth. No - it's not that it's bad, but that it has to be in a context of spiritual awareness, a way of viewing it for what it is.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Nope...but as someone else said.  I don't believe in the Devil.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I don't think from the devil is a correct description. Of course everything can be used by the devil. On the other hand these can be used for education and wholesome entertainment. If your teacher doesn't think he can stay away from the temptation of watching things that would not be honoring to God then that would be a good decision for him to make.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have a tv but no cable... we have wireless internet for the pc's in the house...
    There is No Godly reason behind us not having tv... we don't like paying the high cost of watching the same thing over and over again...
    My gs has a ps2 game and his own pc... internet connected too.. and there is no
    devil involved..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think things on them can be, but the devices themselves no.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The devil is a mythical character created by people to scare people into being good. T.V. was created by people, as was the bible.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• NO... but Satan can use anything to steer us from God.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• only what you do on it can be or how much time you spend on it. I used the internet as a tool I stay away from questionable websites and stick with the Christian ones and forums like these I love to share my faith in Christ and answer your questions. It all depends on how you use or abuse the media available to you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009