• In the Spotlight:

what symptoms should I have so I can be induced?

I dont have the contractions as often as the doctor wants it, I'm having a C section, I'm consider full term, but the water hasn't break yet. The movements of my baby are painful, and every step i take i feel like i been stabbed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You state you are having a c-section so you don't need to be induced you need to talk to your doctor to schedule your c-section.
    I was induced with my last one, just because I told my doctor to do it. I was only 37 weeks, but I was miserable. He required an amnio to check for lung maturity, but once we had that he did it. Remember your doctor works for you. How far along are you? If you are 38 weeks they should schedule your c-section.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have any symptoms. The doctor scheduled my induction because I hit 40 weeks and no sign of the baby. The baby ended up coming before the induction date anyway.
    Anonymous

• You don't want to be induced- believe me... the labor is unnatural and way more painful!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Why are you going through labor if you know you're having a csection? Wouldn't it be scheduled? I'm confused ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You need to have AT LEAST a Bishop's Score of 9.

If your not sure what a Bishop's Score is than look up the Bishops chart on line.

Induction and c-sections should only be done when there is a medical reason. Yes your doctor works for you but they are there to do more good than harm. Both induction and c-sections are risky which is why no health organization commends the uses of them without true medical reason.

I had an induction and it was, by far, the most awful experience of my life. It's not something I EVER EVER EVER wish to repeat.
    Anonymous

• I really don't get this question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah me neither my doctor gave me a section before i went into labor. If your having a c section they should schedule it before you go into labor. I would question your doctor
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2009