For those that were induced.

If you were induced do you wish you would have waited longer to see if you could have gone into labor naturally..

I went to the Drs office on a fri he wanted to induce me then but the L&D was already full, so he put it off until Monday! We where unsure of my due date since I didnt know I was pregnant till I was (we think) 4mo along. I gained alot of weight & I believe I was slightly preeclamptic. I think he mainly did it out of worry & not because it was a MUST DO FOR HEALTHY OF BABY & MOTHER.
I wish I would have ask more questions & tried to wait for as long as possible & not just took his advice. Id love to know what it was like to go into labor naturally. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Inducing for a non medical reason is not safe. Even the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology says that. Try and do your own research. And no, BabyCenter doesn't count.

I was induced for "medical" reasons. Turns out after I researched it that they weren't real reasons.

1. Baby was supposedly too big for my 4'10.
    This is not true. Unless someone has gestational diabetes wildly out of control, pelvic injury, or you were malnurished as a child you will not have a baby too big to be born. However, pushing and laboring on your back can greatly reduce the size of your pelvic outlet making it seem like the baby is too big. In reality all you need to do it change positions to widen the pelvis.

2. I had low amniotic fluid.
    I was a 5 and that is considered normal at the end of pregnancy. Even if it were lower the test would have to be redone by another technician AFTER you drank a lot of water.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• hey, well i was induced.. and it wasnt by choice.. i went to a doc's appt and he said umm.. your not going home.. and sent me over to l & D it was crazy.. but it happend for a reason he induced me but i ended up having a c-section anyways lol..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I went into labor on my own on the Wednesday before the Monday I was supposed to be induced. We scheduled the induction on the prior Monday. Sometimes it takes scheduling the induction to get things going... lol. I went into labor and about 5 hours later they decided to add the pitocin because I wasnt progressing. I had my son after 12 hours total of labor.....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I had an elective induction. I asked for one because I was alone with other small children while my husband worked out of state and have no family out here to watch kids. Not to mention it was 45 below outside! I couldn't have asked for a better delivery! Out of all four it was the best! I don't regret it. It was perfect! Relaxed, organized. Not crazy like my other one born at 3am after a bbq!
    It was also very comfortable for having a baby! I would induce again if I had any more.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• With my oldest I was induced for medical reasons. I wish I could have waited, but know it probably wasn't for the best for my health, or my daughter's. I went into labor naturally with my other two children though.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 9:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• dont beat yourself up over it, please. i experienced such ppd after having my son...over the induction, a c-section, not being able to breastfeed...but in reality, it makes me no less of a mom...and it makes you no less of a mom either. being a mom is all about expecting the unexpected and im sure you never expected to get induced so think of it as your first mothering experience. be happy the baby is healthy. and dont even think about the weight gain. i was 2 weeks late, got induced, and retained so much water that a thumb print would last on my fat foot for like an hour. pregnancy is crazy! good luck with your baby...and just think, i will never be able to have a vaginal birth, so ill never feel that water break naturally, i feel like i missed something sometimes, but my son makes me feel so lucky! and after all these sleepless nights ive gotta be a mom, can only moms have the patience to do it.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i was induced and no i couldnt had waited
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was induced and wish I had waited. I did not really study up on inductions and just trusted my doctor's opinion. I then found out he was going on vacation the Sunday after I gave birth (induced on Thursday had him on Friday) and that was probably more the reason then the 40wk gestational diabetes thing. BUT on his behalf his partner is a real ass and I am very happy I did not have to have him for my delivery.

Anonymous

• I was 2 weeks past my "due date" and my doctor didn't even offer to induce, he wanted to do a C-section. He wanted to do C-section because, around my due date, I caught the flu and it wasn't getting any better. He also was concerned that if I went two weeks past my due date it wouldn't be healthy for the baby. I waited it out as long as I could, but my little one wasn't budging. On Wednesday, I scheduled my C-section for Friday morning. That night I went into labor! :) It was fun, had the whole family there and I got an epidural. The labor is of coarse something special, but it's nothing when compared to the moment you see your little one for the first time. I think that's all that really matters to me. I understand what your saying about inducing, but maybe you will find out what it's like to have a "natural" labor. Congratulations- hope that helped
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was induced, but for the health of my unborn child, it was a necessity. I do wish I would have know what it felt like to go into labor naturally, but no use in crying over spilled milk.

If you indeed have pre-eclampsia, I wouldn't risk the health of the child by waiting to go into labor naturally. But talk to your doctor in more detail and tell him your concerns/wishes.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009