probation violation

ok i am gonna try this again, lol myself and daughter and about 9-10 others where put on probation. have been since 05, we /myself and daughter have did everything they ask, 1 of the things not to do was to open any new debt! my daughter came into some funds purchased 2 suvs. right out cash, we have to do a report form every mo. i am so use to filling and crossing out the part that say jobs and autos,i am us to just crossing it out he/ the po say we r in vilolation becuz i didnt fill the forms out right and we didnt ask him if we could get these suvs.so he said we violated probation. violation B, on a first violation, could go to jail for 4-10 mo, we make payments every mo to pay back what went on, if anyone here know how this work on probation r know someone who is would help.. but i told him we was not trying to hide anything didnt know we had to report it, i hope this sound better this time!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• if its paid for, its not debt! is your po an idiot???
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You need to ask your attorney. I don't think you can get a definitive answer here.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 9:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• But if on the form you put that you did not get any cars and you did, that is a violation. I think they think you should pay back your restitution before buying new cars. I am not saying you were right or wrong. I am just telling that yes it was a violation. From what I remember from my criminal justice classes, the judge will make the final decision. So you can pled your case with him, but they do take violations seriously even if it was a mistake. I really hope everything works out, because I don't want anyone to go to jail for that. Good luck.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm thinking it's either a violation b/c you didn't list the vehicles, or maybe b/c there is something in there that maybe would have required her to use that money toward paying the restitution? I don't know, never been on probation, so just guessing. I think an attorney would be the best bet here.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009