Post Partum baby weight drop...

I am currently 38 wks prego with my 2nd and was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for losing this baby weight, after the birth of my daughter 4 1/2 years ago, I lost all but 10 pounds which for me, I thought was pretty decent. I went to my post partum visit and when I did my doc put me on seasonale b/c and I gained 40 lbs within 6 months and I haven't been very sucessful getting that off.. well I got pregnant with baby #2 before the doctor could do a blood test for insulin resistance... but I have done pretty good and have gained approx 20 and now, I am scared that I am not going to be able to lose anything.. any ideas?? I have tried almost everything I can think of.. excercise, cutting out foods, not eating late, not pop, and NOTHING seems to do it for me.. I would love your imput!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• What kind of foods are you eating? How big are your portions? Your diet is what's causing you to gain weight, and it is what will cause you to lose weight. Start keeping a food journal and analyze the content of the food and the amt of calories you are consuming. Watch your calories, sugar, sat fat etc... Exercise should just be a supplement to a healthy diet. The fact is, if you are burning more than you're eating YOU WILL LOSE weight. For my height, my body burns about 1350 cal a day naturally, so if I only eat 1200 cal a day I will start to lose weight... you see? Or if I eat 1350 cal and burn 400 on the treadmill, I will lose weight.

You can lose it if you put your mind to it, so don't tell yourself that you cant.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 11:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2009