How long is formula good for once it is made?

I make formula just from the water we have at room temp (so I don't warm it up at all) and sometimes my daughter will drink all but 2 oz, but drink the rest after I give her some time. Usually 15-30 min after she drank the first amount.

Is that too long to wait to give the rest to her? What about putting it in the fridge after she has had some (she takes it from the sippy cup) I'm assuming this is a no-no, but I don't know for sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 hours at room temp. after she has started drinking it an hour, the bacteria from her mouth gets introduced into the cup which is why you are supposed to trash it after an hour. so 15-30 mins is fine. if you make alot at once and put it in the fridge its good for 48 hours.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2009