FOr people who dont believe in God of the bible

what would make you change your mind and believe in him what would he have to do?

Asked by hinson7169 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do believe that that god exists, although I believe the representations in the Bible are clearly the work of men, I do think that deity exists. He's not the All-Father, but he is a god. He has proved his existence to me (my own personal gnosis, unprovable to others, either my testimony is believed or it is scorned.) I have felt His loving embrace - in a very real way.

Three years ago, He made it clear that the path of Christianity, or Judaism, was not for me to follow. I was given a new perspective, released from my ties to Him, and guided onto this path that I'm on now. Perhaps even now he seeds my path with different pieces of information that help me. Who knows. Belief in him is not the issue. My belief is that, while I may honor Him, I am not beholden to worship him. My understanding of Him is radically different from yours, and I wouldn't go back to that understanding for anything.

Answer by Collinsky at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Even if he were standing in front of me, why do I have to "believe in" him?

Answer by writeon at 10:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Irrefutable empirical evidence. 

Still doesn't mean I would worship him!

Why is it so important to you?

Answer by beeky at 10:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I want people to go to heaven in the after life and not hell thats why..

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No Offense... but there isn't Nothing that would....

Answer by gmasboy at 10:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Not one thing.

Answer by pnwmom at 10:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If there was a god sitting in front of me, I would know it exists. However, if it is the god depicted in the Christian bible, I wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The pope bursting into flames on live national television. Ok, maybe I would just laugh and continue on believing what I believe, But I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

• Introduce me to his WIFE!

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• LOL MamaK

Answer by pnwmom at 10:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2009