Tamiful have you taken it?

Two years ago my doctor gave me Tamiflu, but I didn't take it. I am now feeling sick , my children have some kind of stomach flu any way I thought maybe it would help me .

Have any of you taken it before? if yes is it worth taking? Did it make you feel better.

adamsmom05

Asked by adamsmom05 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Health

• My daughter had H1N1 a couple of weeks ago. It is truly no worse than a typical winter virus. Doctors are no longer testing for it, as it is so widespread. They are only prescribing the anti-viral meds for high risk patients, as the risk of serious side effects outweigh the (relatively) mild flu symptons.
    Treat this like any other virus: lots of fluids, acetominophen or ibuprofen for aches and fevers, lots of peppermint tea (a natural decongestant), make a cough syrup/throat soother with honey (anti-bacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory), Emergen-C are packets of powder that you mix with cold water (loaded with vitamin C, with Bs and zinc for energy). With really bad congestion, you may want to take a benadryl at night and a sudafed (get the real kind, that you have to sign for, but generic is fine) during the day to prevent a sinus infection.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It can have some nasty side effects and cause some major damage...should be reserved for when you really need it. If you take it now it might not be effective sometime down the line when you really might need it (like in a pandemic). Also it's been proven effective only when taken at the first signs of flu symptoms.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2009