Alternative med that would work as fast as ativan for panic attacks

I suffer from panic attacks. I hate meds and don't have insurance to get any even if I wanted to. I don't have a therapist for the same reason but thats a different story. I would like to be able to get to anywhere even the grocery store on my own. I would like to be able to sit in a car for a half hour or more. I got about 5 minutes away today and had to go home. I feel so defeated I want something to stop these sensations without typical meds which have more side effects than I want. If any one can help me that would be great. Also the panic arises when I think I am going to die from something I eat or drink just something new that is. If I take something holistic can you still have an allergic reaction like with traditional medicine?

notyourmommy76

Asked by notyourmommy76 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• you can, but it's usually a less serious reaction , holistic 's definition is "natural" and easier on the body. also dr.s say most holistic meds don't interfere with prescribed med. have you tried relaxation therapy / yoga? there's some things on youtube you can listen and follow thru to help with calming. I have social anxiety too, but I can get things done when I need to - it creeps up on me tho and sometimes I just have to leave for what seems like no apparent reason, i'm just having my own personal freakout session in my head! i feel for ya girl. wish I could help.
    thegoddessofwit

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You have touch points on your upper chest. Rub them. Deep breath. Drink plenty of water. Take a cool shower. Be sure to have vitamins and OMEGAs. Avoid idiots. I have it too and that is how I deal on the spot. I also write until it subsides. Prayer and soft music works too. Be well! I am into more natural alternatives. OH wow how did I forget. Rescue REMEDY! It is a spray for under your tongue. That for sure!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 8:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2008