I want your husband's (SO) perspective to answer this question.

My husband and I were watching a show once where a woman was pregnant and she was unconsious...and her husband had to choose. They could treat the mother but it would kill the baby (we're assuming for sure for purposes of this question), or they could keep the mom in a coma and deliver the baby, but the mom would die (again, assume this is definite). Who would your husband pick and why?

My husband's answer shocked me at the time.... now that I have kids myself I understand it better. Just curious what your husband would say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mine and i saw a similar tv show once, and he told me he wouldn't be able to save the baby, he'd have to save me. his reasoning was that we could always have another baby, but he couldn't have another me, and we already had one child at the time, and he said there was no way he could find a woman to replace me to raise her, no one would raise her the same way and the way we raise our daughter is the way he wants her raised. so he said even though it would mean he would lose his unborn child, he wouldn't be able to do it. i have to say, i agreed with him, i would hate the fact that my baby had to die, but i can't imagine not being there to watch my daughter grow up and have her own children someday.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My hubby said he would pick the baby. He said I have had a chance to live and love. And that the baby needs the same chance.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 10:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband said he'd save the mother. He also said whether it was right or wrong he didn't know.

Answer by Bmat at 10:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my husband told me he would pick me. we could always have more children or adopt. he says it would hurt him alot to kill the baby but would rather not spend the rest of his life miserable bc im not with him.
    bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband would pick me as well.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Wow im sorry but to pick the wife is selfish!! JMO
    Anonymous

• My husband said "I'm not answering that question." He hates thinking about this stuff.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband just got pissed off at me for asking such a question. Gee. Thanks anon!

hahaha
    Just kidding.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• "Wow im sorry but to pick the wife is selfish!! JMO "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it selfish to choose to let her other children be motherless? IDK, but I think that the children would choose their mother over a sibling.
    Anonymous

• My husband gave me a wierd look (like wth are you woman talking about) and then turned away and started watching his show on tv
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2009