When you stay at home with your kids do you ever get bored out of your mind? What about when they are in school all day, what activities do you do (other than chores) to stay sane?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I go on cafemom.

Answer by writeon at 10:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My kid just started I mostly work (ugh..just started back), clean house, take a nice long bath....RELAX!

Go shopping (without going down the children's aisle) or meet up with some friends and go out for coffee or something! I need to add that to my list of things to do while baby-free!

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• sometimes i feel like i talk to walls. when she was a baby, i would sit and have whole conversations with her, hubby would come home and be like, lovely you were telling her why this cleaning product is more fun than that one. or whatever other stupid convo he walked in on. so yes i used to get bored outta my mind, but now that shes 3 there isn't much time to get bored. shes constantly moving and that means that i constantly have to be on the lookout for something being wrong. even if we aren't doing something together i still have to make sure shes not terrorizing something. when both of them (the little ones only a few weeks old) get into school i'll probably try to get a part time job, or that is when i will start working, if i have finished school by then. i'm starting some online courses in the spring to study teaching, so i figure when they get to school i should be finished and can start working, and that way they CONT

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• only have to be in daycare or with a babysitter for a few hours a day. but right now when he is napping and she is at a playdate or something so that she isn't here, i read, sleep, clean the house or just sit outside on the porch and enjoy the quiet.

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My older 2 are in school, soon to be out for summer so the 1yr old and I go shopping, to the park and have playdates. If I am alone which is rare I go to the gym, meet my besties for coffee, make my TuTu's and accessories or read a book. Sometimes my Mom will call and say I am comin to get my grandbabes for a few hours. Once their out for summer we'll be extra busy.

Answer by mommymine3 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I prep for dinner since I love to cook. I clean my house top to bottom and do laundry. For fun I have lunch with friends, play on the computer, workout, run, read and sometimes sit on my butt and watch a movie.

• facebook games and cafemom

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I sure do get bored, buy my son is almost 13. I have played video games with him. I go on CafeMom or Facebook when really bored. I also have been known to do my homework, ahead of when it is due.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have 2 kids still at home, they are 17 & 18 and soon to be Seniors. I clean, talk to my husband on the phone, make lunch for my teens who come home every day for lunch, take our dogs for walks, go to the library, etc.. I don't have time to get bored. I rarely go online during the day and I don't watch any day time TV. By the time I am done with what needs done around here everyone is home and I stay busy spending time with my family. Now that it's summer I am much busier with everyone home and I am outside more with the nice weather.

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009