Not gaining weight at the end of pregnancy?

I had my checkup today and I've gained a total of 37 pounds and I'm 34 weeks pregnant every 4 weeks Ive been putting on anywhere from 4 to 9 pounds and todays appt I only put on 1 pound in 3 weeks? Should I be worried because they say the last couple weeks the baby should be putting on a pound a week and now I'm not gaining. The Dr said it was fine but I'm still concerned. Anyone else have this happen?

proudmom20000

Asked by proudmom20000 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 38 weeks and from last Tuesday's appt. to yesterdays I lost 2 lbs. and my doc said that it is normal toward the end not to gain. I was worried about losing but I also noticed I am eating less and feeling less hungry as the baby gets bigger!
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thank you that makes me feel better, I know my appetite has slowed down Im just worried about the baby being underweight
    proudmom20000

Answer by proudmom20000 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• as long as your doc said not to worry i wouldn't. when they measured you as long as you are growing than your baby should be fine. in the last two weeks of this pregnancy i lost a pound a week, but my lil man still weighed in at 7.4 lbs, which was more than my first who was 7 lbs. so i wouldn't worry too much about it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I didn't gain weight the entire last month of my last preg. I was a little worried too but the dr wasn't and my ds was a healthy 8 lbs!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2009