has any one every had a level 2 ultrasound?

if so how was it different from other ultrasounds?

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it lasts a little longer, otherwise there is no difference in how things are done. its just more in depth and measures all the organs etc. if i remember right the one i had lasted about 45 mins, and then they had the doctor come in and take a look at everything to make sure it was all ok. i had mine b/c of past m/c's and the reasons for the m/c's (they were able to find out b/c i had a d&c so they did tests on the fetus and it was genetic problems) so they wanted to do one to make sure that there were no problems with that baby.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i thought a level 2 was where they go through your vagina?

that way they can get a close look at the utarus and featus?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• than maybe they did mine differently, but i was told the one i had was a level 2, so i don't know. sorry if the info i gave is wrong.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• lol i dont know either! i know i had one when they go up your vagaina when i was preg... it scared me cause i thought soemthing was wrong!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• vabchmommy is right. I had one a couple months ago. It takes about 45 mins and they take down a ton of details. In mine they were looking for signs of Down's Syndrome. Didn't find any, fortunately. I noticed a few times where they did something that made a bunch of colors show up in areas like the brain and chest area. Don't know what it was for but they didn't do it on my regular ultrasounds.
    Paulam515

Answer by Paulam515 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The level 2's do take forever, & the one where they go in through the vagina is called a transvaginal....I had to have one every 2 weeks the entire 9 months..so much fun....lol. I had to have alot of ultrasounds done while I was pregnant.
    coledon

Answer by coledon at 11:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009