• In the Spotlight:

Whats this verse mean to you?

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?” (1 Corinthians 6:19)

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it means quit defiling it with unmarried sex, quit getting drunk, quit smoking dope, quit dirtying up the temple with earthly pleasures. Keep it clean or the Holy Spirit will clean it for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my body belong to god
    Anonymous

• It means I belong to Him, mind body and soul.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Sounds like more psychobabble from a fictional book.

JMO! :)
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 10:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• God created you, gave you life, therefore you are obligated to take great care of it, physically and spiritually.
    Anonymous

• My body completely belongs to God. He created it and i'm to take great care of it all the days I'm alive.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I like admckenzie's definition!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 1:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If our bodies are sacred to god, why doesn't he keep them from suffering amputations or getting riddled with cancer? Just curious. I understand the point of the verse, I just don't think it can be taken %100 literally.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It means that our bodies are holy unto God for His purposes and pleasures according to His plan for us. The Holy Spirit is the power of God which lives in us when we are consecrated to Him for His glory. We, in effect belong to God and are to honor Him with our lives and our bodies. Our bodies are the Temple of the Most High God.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

It's all due to living in a world cursed by sin. Because God allows things, doesn't means He's the cause.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009