Are you a Catholic that has stopped saying the Rosary?

I found a pearl heart Rosary on the sidewalk the other day and I was bothered at how many times Catholics had to pray to Mary.We don't need any other person to help us come into Gods presence,we just need Jesus.This isn't made to bash anyone,I know alot of nice Catholics and if you still pray the Rosary that's your decision.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Catholic, I pray the rosary and I don't have to pray to Mary. If you read the mysterious you will see the mysterious are verses that include Jesus and set a time frame to meditate on those bible passages. Did you have a real question or just wanted to vent on Catholics are wrong?
    Anonymous

• Hey i have an idea for you counting sparows. If you are bothered by it, don't do it and don't worry about what others need or do.
    Anonymous

• I knew some Catholics that did stop praying to Mary,I give them alot of credit that must of been hard to go against their churches tradition.Just wondering if there's anybody else out there like that.I care that people know the truth,I'm not a hater of anybody.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We just recently took a trip. The drive was getting very bad. I pulled out my rosary and began to pray. I started by asking God to guide us through bad weather. During my rosary I a perfect image of Mary appeared to me. There is no doubt in my mind God sent her. sorry you feel I am wrong,but I know the truth thank you very much.

As for being very hard to go against the church, there is no law or rule that says you must ask the Mother of God for help. If any Catholic tells you there is they are wrong and you should ask them if they have the cannon code.
    Anonymous

• OP, Are you Catholic? If not then MYOB. If you don't understand the Catholic faith then butt out!
    Anonymous

• so what did you do with the rosary? burn it? It sounds pretty. I just bought one that is put together like a step ladder. I needed one that was enforced. I pray on my so much I break them.
    Anonymous

• Pope John Paul says the blessed mother nicked the bullet to keep if from being fatal.
    Anonymous

• It would appear that countingsparows doesn't really understand the purpose of rosary beads. If you actually care about people knowing the truth you could try reading "Is the Rosary Bible Based" for an actual understanding of what the rosary is. They're a meditative tool and it's not about praying "to" Mary. They're about reflecting on events in the life of Jesus Christ.  And since a Catholic has the choice about whether or not to pray the rosary it's really not going against Catholic tradition to choose not to. 

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• eringobrough, are you an angel sent from heaven?
    Anonymous

• Oh and Catholics don't believe we need any other person to help us come into Gods presence. However Jesus did teach us that we are all part of the one Body of Christ and that death doesn't separate us from that Body. So those in heaven are still part of that one Body of Christ. And we are told to pray for each other - this is something Christ wants us to do. We ask other to pray for us - why ignore those in heaven? That's what "praying to" Mary or the saints is about. The word "pray" means "to ask" (not to worship). Since God's will is done through His Body - there's nothing wrong with asking others to help us. It's what God told us to do. And we recongize that all we have comes because of God and God alone.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2009