HOW DOES THIS WORK??

WHEN I GOT MARRIED THE FIRST TIME, WE HAD A WEDDING. NOW MY FIANCE AND I ARE JUST GOING TO GO TO THE JP AND GET MARRIED SINCE I AM 8 MONTHS PREGO. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS WORKS???

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Its simple, bring your birth certificate and ID to your local courthouse. Simple.

I know its none of my business but having a baby is no reason to get married in a hurry, IMO.

Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 10:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My mom was married by a JP and she just had like a lil reception party and the JP came over and they said thier vows and signs some papers.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• WE WERE PLANNING ON HAVING A WEDDING, BUT WITH ME BEING PREGNANT NOW, I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING BIG, SO WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS WAY. THEN LATER ON WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING BIGGER. WE ARE NOT DOING IT IN A HURRY, THIS JUST DIDN'T WORK OUT THE WAY WE PLANNED.
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Nope. Why not just have a small ceremony in someone's backyard or something. With it being summer, you could invite over friends and loved ones and just make a party of it. You know, string up lights, have fun music, dance, have a blast !!!!! Just because this is your second marriage, it doesn't mean you have to downplay it. You can have a 4th of July Blow-out or something, and make memories to last a lifetime!!! Good luck and God Bless!!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Same as all the others, get a license, call the JP and make the appt. show up, take vows, pay the JP and go home.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2009