How can I get my son to stop grinding his teeth?

He's only 9 month and he has his 2 front bottom teeth and one on the top but not in the front and he constantly is grinding them together and it makes me cringe. He obviously doesn't understand if I tell him not to grind his teeth...

I'm sure he's only doing it because he's figuring out his teeth but I'm worried it could cause damage to his teeth

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did that at first when his top teeth came in... but he stopped after they were all the way out. SO if your son just got his top teeth it's probalby the same thing... I think it might feel funny to them so the do that,.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• there is not much to do about it, and if there is damage they are just baby teeth so dentists cant do much either. ugh that would bug me too lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2009