whats a C section recovery like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone told me having a c-section was horrible and I'd be in so much pain, but for me it was completely opposite. The skin around your incision site will always be numb which feels weird. But as far as pain post c-section mine was minimal. It only hurt badly when I would try to go to from sitting to standing or if I coughed or laughed, so I always kept a pillow across my stomach because for some reason the light pressure from the pillow helped ease the pain.
    maddiesmom02

Answer by maddiesmom02 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• not bad at all
    just be careful not to come open like i did
    evab

Answer by evab at 11:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• the first 5 steps suck! but its not bad after that. i mean dont get me wrong, youll be sore, but it wasnt horrible. i quit taking prescription pain meds the 3rd or 4th day i think and was back to being a part time cosmetologist within 4 wks. walk as much as you can. even at the hospital, push that baby around the halls. its soooo much easier once youre up and around. dont lift anything more than like 10 lbs or youll feel like youre gonna rip apart. oh, and they still come in and press on your uterus after delivery, that kinda sucked too. the staples arent bad though. you wont even feel them being removed. your incision might be tingly or numb for awhile. youll definately need a little help the first week. just take your vitamins, drink lots of water, and keep moving. youll be fine!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes mine wasnt bad at all. and it do still feel numb dont it i hate that feelin ewh
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Mine was a piece of cake! I had the IV pain meds for 24 hours and then nothing but Motrin after that! I got pretty sore from having to depend on my arms to do all the moving around in bed since you can't use your abdominal muscles too much right afterward (and no, they were not cut, most women's are not cut, even in emergancies like mine was). The muscles are sore though because they have been separated/stretched and then of course you have 2 incisions. I never had any numbness around my incision site so I don't know what that's all about. Mine was really easy. I was up and walking the first day, just from bed to the chair, and then I started walking the halls the next day. I went home four days later and just took Motrin every 6-8 hours for a week or so. I do think that part of the reason my recovery was so easy is that I had no labor beforehand.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I was so scared about having a c-section. But I ended up with a emergency c-section so I wasn't awake but the recovery was way less painful than I thought it would be. I still prefer a vaginal delivery but I wouldn't be scared of a c-section. I was off of the pain meds in a week and back to normal in about 3 weeks.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Don't be around funny people or get sick w/a cough and do try to stop a neas on a pellow.
    Sincitymamy

Answer by Sincitymamy at 5:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• mine wasn't bad at all, actually the cathedar was the worst part for me and that only lasted a minute. the key though is to keep moving. Even though your sore you have to walk around cause i think its worse if you stay in bed. i was up and in the shower as soon as i could. People have said its bad if you go into labor for hours and then have c section. which i did not, my son was breech and almost 9 lbs so they chose to section me before i went into labor.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009