Diaper Rashes?

My son is 5 months. He is starting to get red bumps around his lil pee pee. I'm guessing that its a diaper rash and have been putting Desitin on it. Anything else I can do or should put on it to heal it up faster?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• corn startch, not baby powder unless its pure cornstartch
    Anonymous

• If it persists try leaving him nakie for a while. i know with a boy it can get messy, but its worth it.

I would leave my daughter open, I would put a trash bag down and then a towel over top of it, and let her play on the ground. It would work wonders.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ya let him air out for a bit. do it right after he pees, that way he's peed recently and try to keep him in one spot that way the mess is contained. and i like boudreaux butt paste, its a yellow tube and has a picture of a little baby on it. its not as thick as desitin and other creams so it wipes off your hands and babies bottom easily when its time to wipe it off.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my daughter has very sensitive skin so as soon as i noticed redness i used a+d ointment not the diaper rash cream but the brown one .
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009