Have you considered a Doula or have you had one?

I am really excited to get started on becoming a Doula but I'm wondering if they are used much. I know Midwives are becoming popular again, but what about Doulas?
Have you had one, or are you planning on having one?
Birthing or postpartum?

If you had a postpartum doula what did she actually do for you?

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a doula for this birth. She is a birth and a postpartum doula. She will of course of physical and emtional support during my birth. She is a Hypnobabies doula so she will aid in our use of self hypnosis techiques for our birth.

In the postpartum period she will help with breastfeeding if it is needed, help me to shower and get comfortable if I need it and preform light house cleaning duties for me if I ask her to.
    Anonymous

• Our hospital has doulas on call that you can use and are a free service with the hospital. I plan on asking for one when we have our baby.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2009