Is it teething or something else on top of it?

Ok so lately my 11 onth old son has been really fussy. Then yesterday he had a mild fever, then started drooling like crazy, then he threw up a little and again today (but it was mostly drool), doesn't want to nurse and I have been getting really engorged, and when he doesn I feel like I'm forcing it, his tongue is always at the roof of his mouth, he has been very gassy as well. My oldest had a high fever on thursday and it turned out it was an ear and throat infection. So, I know he is teething, but could there be something else as well? (btw he doesn't have a fever anymore). Anything else I can do for him? (btw we have no health insurance for him, but I will take him in if I think he needs to, right now it doesn't seem to be to that point).

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you're oldest had an ear/throat infection it may have been something that he passed along to your little one. as long as he is eating and he doesn't have a persistent fever i wouldn't worry about it too much, unless he starts to throw up more often. but it sounds like he is just teething.
    i'd have to look it up b/c i don't remember but isn't that age when they start to get their back teeth? if so, those just may be more painful for him than the others have been so far.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yeah, thats what I was wondering he justt got teeth number 7 and 8 in, and I think I felt a lump where a mollar was coming in.... poor little guy :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• amazingly my 17 month old didnt act like that at all while she was teething until it came to her stomach and eye teeth her canines. when i took her to the doc she told me that she had som fluid built up in her ear from crying so much and teething and recomended teething tablets. they are completely homeopathic and you can get them at wal mart next to the baby oragel. they worked amazingly. also my daughter loved taking them they just turn to mush in her mouth. they work by softening the gums to let the teeth come out smoothly and eases the pain plus calms them down to a more comfortable level. i gave her two of the tablets plus some infant motrin for the swelling and we got threw it wonderfully. oh and popcicles pedilyte has some that are better for little ones. good luck i hope it all helped
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I am sorry it sounds like you and you kids are having such a hard time :( I dont really have any advice4 but just wanted to say hang in there and goodluck!
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 12:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah, maybe I'll make a popcycle from my breastmilk. I'm so engorged right now! I have been using the teething tablets and they haven't been working well, so I used the tablets, and he still was crying, so I used tylonel as a last resort. Maybe I should use the mortin instead?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• teething definitely and ur son should have health insurance by law under the age of 2 yearsthey have to have it no matter what so i would get on ur health insurance provider babies need so many checkups and monthly shots
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2009