• In the Spotlight:

Controversy over American Idol's Adam Lambert's....

admission that he's gay. I've seen it all over the place.

Controversy? Really? That implies that it was some kind of shock. Is there ANYONE, ANYWHERE, that is suprised?

I honestly believe that he isn't going to lose fans over this pronouncement - because SURELY they already knew! (Not that he should lose fans even if they didn't know.)

I guess I'm just shocked that this is making any kind of headlines. I thought it was glaringly obvious.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• I agree. how could anyone NOT know he was gay, and why would it change your opinion of him? It drives me nuts that people react this way to something that was so obvious. Everyone wanted an answer, from him, but we knew when his dad was interviewed on American Idol, 'lets just say, Adam didn't like sports.'
    Why does it really matter to anyone if he is or isn't gay. That has nothing to do with his talent.
    It bothers me that in 2009 there are still so many closed minded people!
    lovintnmomof3

Answer by lovintnmomof3 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• umm yeah i knew he was gay, not only from googleing him lol but his "ring of fire" song? Yeah i kinda figured it, gay or not hes still awesome.
    sufyaans_mami

Answer by sufyaans_mami at 12:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes I agree I thought it was avious but such a shame he is so attractive to me. I wnted him to win SO bad I think he deserved it and its completely RIDICULOUS that Cris of all people won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG He SUCKS It makes me SO mad thinking Adam lost I am such a fan and especially loosing to Cris I dont like hiom at all. I LOVE ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adam deserved to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adam is the best and in my eyes he IS the American Idol
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 12:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ya.And in the news of least surprising news ever....... lol
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• umm yeah if ppl didnt know that already they are blind! for real! i knew he was from the beginning.
    Jessica181989

Answer by Jessica181989 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I didn't realize that he hadn't "come out" during the competition. It was obvious - kind of like Clay Aiken....no big shock.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I know. It's like someone saying, "Oh hey, did you know Kermit the frog is green?".
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009