Anyone else hate playdates and avoid them like the plague?

Just wondering if I'm the only one...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really am not to fond of them especially if they want me to stay but I do it for my ds. It's good for him to play with other kids.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I look forward to them because it gives me a cjance to socialize with other moms and my kids are having fun near me :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ya, I meant the ones where all the moms are there too and everyone just brags about their kid the whole time, lies like they walked when they were 6 months.
    Anonymous

• Would you believe that even after having raised two that are now 20 and 24, and I'm now raising two stepsons that are 3 and 4...I've never taken any of them on a playdate? Never really been too interested either to be honest.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was part of a Mom's group that had weekly playdates. I had a hard time with them b/c I am really shy but we had about 5-6 moms & about 8 kids & that turned out easier b/c I didn't have to make a lot of conversation.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I avoided them when I was at home during the days...my kids were always 'sick.' I don't know, I'm not like other moms and always felt like the odd one out.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Oh then that's even worse. In general I dont get along with other moms. Like prettyrayray, I always feel like the odd one out.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• mine doesn't really have her own friends yet. any friends she has are my friends kids so her playdates usually are because i'm getting together with my friends. or shes being babysat by one of my friends and that means she gets to play with their kids. now when she gets older and starts making her own friends, i'll probably hate them if i don't get along with the mom
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I am in Texas and have lived here all my life, but some Texas momma's are just too much to take. It is all about money and who has more and where they got it. Also the only one I was a member of the moms were all stay at home moms and they all treated me like I was a bad person because I worked.

Oh and they were very stepford wivey, every playdate they all wore blue jeans or blue jean shorts and blue jean jackets and different colored polo button down shirts. I called them the blue jean play date brigade.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 12:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Considering I was the only one going to school and working in the evenings....yeah I felt like I didn't belong. My house wasn't as clean, and we didn't have flat screen tv's and SUVs. Don't have to deal with it anymore now that I'm working!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009