okay stay at home mom's what did you do before the computer to occupy your free time?

before the world wide web evolved or during those times I could not afford internet I watched more tv, the house was cleaner and we went to the park alot more.....now it's a distraction, addiction and mcdonalds playspace has wireless connections, I am not the parent I was 15 yrs ago!!!

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Currently I'd probably have my dress sewn completely. I hand sew, but I keep getting distracted by CM and Facebook. My house was definitely cleaner when I didn't have internet, but currently I am unable to move without DH's support so I guess my sewing would just be finished by now if I didn't have internet. My desk would probably be uncluttered too... I keep meaning to get to all of that and re-file everything again.

I also wouldn't be awake at 2AM in the morning and I wouldn't have any friends either since everyone I know is online.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 2:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When my own kids were little (I have stepboys now) my ex and I raised dairy calves with his dad in Montana. Between 'trying' to keep the house semi-clean, everybody fed, which included calves, chickens, pigs, in the winter there was feeding the cows and horses in the field, and splitting wood for the stove to heat the house...geez...I'm glad I did that when I was younger! Not sure I could do it now...although I was in pretty dam good shape. Other then that, I was an army spouse...so I worried a lot. Plus I read, sewed and did tons of cross-stitch. Now I sit on the pc til my fanny goes numb, then I have to get up and walk around. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Chores and masturbating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have no memory as a child of having no computer. My Mom started working for a computer company when I was three ( I was born in 1980), brought one home, and we never went without one after that. We have had internet since before it became popular. Even now though, with the internet, I don't get much time on it. I spend my time in my kid's classrooms, or chauffering them around.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 12:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my hubby was home.... :( 4 more months
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I spent a lot more time outdoors, hiking, playing with the dogs, etc.... Now I don't have a dog and need to lose some weight.
    Paulam515

Answer by Paulam515 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009