IS IT OKAY FOR MY BABY 2 SLEEP IN HIS CARSEAT?

MY SON SLEEPS REALLY GOOD IN HIS CARSEAT AND IF I LAY HIM DOWN IN HIS BASINETTE HE WAKES UP HES ONLY 5 WEEKS OLD, IS IT OKAY FOR HIM 2 SLEEP IN HIS CARSEAT ALL THE TIME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I THINK ITS NORMAL THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY MY SON WILL SLEEP
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Many moms say that their babies will only sleep in their carseat or their swing. I think the bottom line is . . . you have to do what works. Be glad that he'll sleep in his seat . . . mine would only sleep in my arms for the first 3 months.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You are just fine! I just got my baby to sleep in her crib and she's 5 mos old! My last three babies refused to sleep anywhere else and I gave in because I needed sleep. Hey at least you have a place where baby is content. Some babies need constant shifting. My last baby Hated the bassinet. We tried so many different ways and went back to the carseat!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• How helpful of you, anon :06. Uggh . . . so annoying.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Ok anon, why do you say no? When all my son's doc. told us to let him sleep in his carseat. He was the same age, he got sick, congested, and the doc said to let him sleep in his car seat and that moste babies sleep there better and that its even safer. So I'd say yes. Let your angel sleep in the car seat. I will give you my son's doctor's number so you can ask her if you want.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i did that alot with my son, it was the only was he would go to sleep!
    ErinPritt

Answer by ErinPritt at 12:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• umm no i mean no its not like dangerous or anything but that is a horrible habit to start now. he is still brand new and if you put him in his bed now he will get used to this is where i sleep. the car seat is just comforting because he can curl up why not try swaddling him before you put him in his bed that might help his still feel close, cozy and warm
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I AGREE U JUDT DO WHAT WORKS FOR U AND YOUR BABY IF THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET SOME SLEEP THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH IT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• mine is almost 5 months and sleeps in her swing every night untill she wakes up about 5 am and then i nurse her back to sleep with my so and i she just wouldnt sleep in bassinet anymore she just kept waking up and yes its a bad habit to start but the extra sleep has made me a better mother and im sure she feels better too. now she sleeps in there with thde swing off i am tryinh to wein her from it. i think it would be fine for you to put him in the car seat u can figure out how to wein him from it later get some rest
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 12:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2009