Do you ever feel like you're not as smart as you used to be?

I've been out of college for years now, raising kids and staying home not keeping my skill set sharp. I have days where I just feel stupid. No more rants on Kurt Vonnegut or picking apart Chaucer or using the ten years I sunk into language arts.
I chose to stay home and love my kids but... : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, yes yes! Sometimes i use the wrong word, or even occasionally mispronounce things..even worse sometimes i can't think of the most common words..i'll have to wait and let the word come to me, while i stand looking stupid. My mother says i have too much on my mind at once. i think she's right..it comes from dealing with 3 kids all day everyday.
    jennypenny3000

Answer by jennypenny3000 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• have ever tried doing those brain puzzles? i found one for the nintendo d/s called brain age, its lots of fun and helps keep you sharp. after all your brain is a muscle it needs to workout too! LOL!
    KeLiStA

Answer by KeLiStA at 12:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I had a professor one time say that the more he knows the more he realizes what he doesn't know! I think I'm smarter now but no longer have the need to tell everyone how smart I am like I did when I was younger and thought I knew everything...but didn't! I have found out that the more you know the more ppl expect from you so now I just try to keep quiet as best I can unless asked a question!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i was gonna ask this same question. I know i have the brains, but i honestly dont feel smart anymore. i dont think i could write a paper and turn it in if my life depended on it now. its like its jsut dissappearing! i do read books and stuff still but i feel like i cant speak properly anymore of anything....
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009