is it ok for teens to get pregnant ?

in this day in age when teens are educated and given condoms at school and birth control is it truely ok? I have to ask myself this question as a soon to be mom and a woman would i want my child to grow up thinking this

mom2bedec2009

Asked by mom2bedec2009 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• The reason that kids are educated about sex is because a lot of teenagers are having sex and most parents don't know that their kids are doing it! But now days there are a lot of teen pregnancies, STDs, as well as AIDS!! I think it wise to teach them that if they are going to have sex than they need to be educated about sex and all of the STDs that are out there! I want my kids to know what can happen to them if they choose to have sex!! I don't want them to do it and I pray that they will take what they have learned and say no!! If I find out Ill kick their buttsand lecture the hell out of them because I do not want them having sex before 30 lol jk!! I mean before maby 20!! There has been so many STDs and AIDS cases as well as pregnancy that I think we need to start talking to our children at approximately 12 to 13 years of age!! I hope this helped answer your question!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I say, it really depends on the teen. I would of said no, before I got pregnant. I would of never thought I could grow up enough to handle it. But even my own parents tell me I've grown up a lot and that I'm going to be a great mom. They aren't proud of me for GETTING pregnant, but it wasn't on purpose, but they are proud of me on how I've handled it.
    So It really varies. Generally, you don't want to TRY to get pregnant as a teen, but if it happens, and you make the best of it, why be looked down upon for doing the right thing(taking responsibility for your actions)?
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 12:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I definitely don't think it's "ok," && I don't know any teens who would WANT to get pregnant. When I say teens, I'm talking about 17 && under. Me, personally, I was so afraid of getting pregnant or catching an STD that I didn't even have sex until I was almost 19 years old && I guess it's a good thing I waited b/c, just my luck, I got pregnant almost exactly a year after I started having sex. I was using birth control && my baby's daddy was pulling out, but obviously it didn't work. Don't get me wrong I love my son && wouldn't trade him for anything, but I definitely wasn't planning on having a child at 20 years old.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Of course it's ok if they are mature responsible ppl who can provide emotionally and financially for a child; however, it just seems to me that they'd want to have all the fun they can have in life before having to be mature and responsible.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ITS NOT OK BUT ITS NOT A BAD THINK EITHER. I HAVE BECAME VERY RESPONSIBLE. I HAVE GOT A JOB AND LIVE ON MY OWN. BUT I DONT NO WHAT TEEN WOULD WANT TO GIVE UP THERE SOCAIL LIFE TO MAKE BOTTLES AND HAVE A CRY BABY EVERY DAY. IF U HAVE SEX NO WHAT COULD HAPPEN
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Depends on your definition of ok. I just got out of high school and there was no birth control or free condoms handed out. I guess it's cause I live in a red state and repubs are pretty anti sex. But I think with sex being so hidden, taboo, and "dirty" that's it's totally understandable for teens to get pregnant. It doesn't make them bad people. It doesn't hurt anyone. So yeah, it's ok to me if ok means nothing to be mean or critical of. I wouldn't advise it though for obvious reasons. But teens WANTING and TRYING to get pregnant is so not ok.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2009