baby weight?

being a full time student, part time job and mommy of two i have no time work out like i did before my oldest. any tips?

charli12987

Asked by charli12987 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• turn your parenting routine into an exercise routine. when you play with your kids, do exercise play. lie in the floor with them and do push ups, sit ups, crunches, go walking with them, go out doors and play for a while and chase them around. it's not easy. I know. but you have to fit it in where it is possible.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'd say that Diet is 80% of the battle.. Work on that. Don't get me wrong, exercise is great for toning and cardiovascular health, but if you're just looking to lose weight/ be skinnier watch what you eat (portion sizes, calories, saturated fat, sugar... etc) and you'll definitely lose the pounds ;)
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 6:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2009