It's been 4 in half years

Since I've seen any child support from my ex(have 2 daughters together). I haven't gone after him because it took him awhile to get back on his feet and I remarried a stable man. But he's been going pretty strong now for the past 2 years. We were on decent terms with co-parenting until his relationship with new girl friend got stronger. Don't get me wrong, she's nice to my kids, but he's got her brainwashed into wanting her to replace me as their mom! So every chance he gets he belittles me and I've had enough. I'm filing for re-instatement of child support to give my daughters what they rightfully deserve. It's long overdue but I'm certain it's the right thing. Any pointers you all could give me during this process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• just stay strong. dont belittle him or stoop to his level. just let him be childish like that. if the child support isnt needed to survive i say make a college or career fundfor ur children
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You did the right thing. Even if you don't need it to pay bills put it in an account to buy something for the girls they really want. They will appreciate you for it. A lot of women just let it go. I pushed and pushed. My children are in their 30's and I'm just NOW getting child support arrearage paid. I do NOT feel guilt one bit. It's his debt and he owes me. I usually end up giving it to one of my adult children or one of the grandkids but the point is they have a responsibility. I let it go for years until the jackass kept belittling me then paid cash for a new Harley Davidson motorcycle after claiming he was broke. I felt sorry for him for years but decided enough is enough.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your kids love you and you can NEVER be replaced. My ex husband got remarried to a woman that tries to replace me. As much as she tried (and she does, buying them expensive things and taking them to nice places) they still just want to be home with mom. It wastes too much energy to be angry. Trust me. Ive been going through this for years. Just stay strong and dont worry about what they say or think. Also, dont confide in either one. Try to keep it just about the kids.
    MamaLub

Answer by MamaLub at 1:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2009