do you leave the carseat in the car and take the baby in and out from there or do you carry carseat,baby and all....?

my daughter is 6 months and shes getting kinda awkward to carry in the carseat up and down stairs....would this be a better solution...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• once my daughter was able to sit up I would just take her in unless she was sleeping. She never liked riding around in that thing if she was awake.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I started taking my youngest out and putting him in a sling. It was so much easier than lugging that car seat around.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• once mine was old enough to hold her on my hip i just carried her around, or let her sit up in the cart if we were in a store. right now my little guy is only about 3 weeks old so i carry him in and out of the car in his seat, and into stores he stays in his seat. i plan on getting a sling and carrying him in stores like that so my daughter can sit in the cart, but until then she has to hold my hand or ride in the big part of the cart.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Shes old enough to sit up, so just take her out of the carseat and carry her. If you have to be in a long line someplace, get one of those little strollers you can just take anywhere.
    MamaLub

Answer by MamaLub at 12:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• She doesn't even need to sit up to be carried silly. A sling would be super easy.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My son is two months, not even close to sitting up on his own. I have a Boulevard and TrueFit coming in a week or so. Since I absolutely HATE his infant seat with a passion, I'm switching car seats as soon as I get the other ones (as long as he fits them). He's 12lbs and on the third harness slot in his current seat, so I'd feel better switching him anyway. I have yet to test the recline on his stroller, but if I feel it reclines enough, I'm going to have him in the stroller when we go out. If not the stroller, the infant carrier for sure.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I never used a removable seat, so he had to be taken out. I don't like carrier seats; too easy to drop or smash into something...and I would be the one to do just that.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If I need both my hands free I'll keep her in the carseat and carry it but if my other half is with me and I can use his hands...for like shopping I take her out of the carseat and carry her,lol. That thing is heavy as heck!And I enjoy interacting with her and she seems happier that way too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009