Does the Cosmetic Industry really use featle tissue!!??

So I have a question about the cosmetic industry using fetal tissue.
OK so yesterday I was talking with my neighbor about makeup and she brought up that she had seen a program on T.V. a couple years back that talked about the cosmetic industry being linked to aborted fetuses. She said the cosmetic industry gets collagen and placentas from China because they have the one child rule. She said on this program it was said that woman in China often carry to full term and then are forced to get abortions or China's government forces their baby to be killed by infanticide. She said the cosmetic industry prefers and will pay more money if the baby is carried full term because the bigger the baby the more collagen and placenta, she said that is sometimes why China's government waits so long to force the abortion. My question is does this really go on? I use makeup almost every day and after hearing this I am truly devastated. :(

michelle0228

Asked by michelle0228 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I guess it's time to give up the makeup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well I heard that some brand don't use fetal tissue and I'm wondering which brands they are. That's what I'm trying to research.Does anyone else know companies that don't do this?
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• before using any cosmetics or skin care products, it is always a good idea to check the safety of the ingredients. i like the skin deep data base, maintained by the environmental working group (the folks who publish the annual guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I've never heard of that but I have heard they use the placentas.. don't know if they are animal or human.. but doesn't matter to me because usually the placenta is just thrown away anyways.. you don't have to kill anything to get it.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009