Do you think it will eventually be illegal for......

* Ministers to speak against the gay lifestyle and say being gay is wrong
* Christian counselors to counsel someone who is gay and say that being gay is wrong
* For Christian counselors to turn away counseling a gay couple (to help their relationship)?
* For Wedding Business owners (photographers, florist, reception hall owners) to turn away gay couples and not serve them?
* To sell books against the gay lifestyle in Christian bookstores

Why or Why Not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• For the counselors and wedding business owners, No, I don't, because there will always be "The right to refuse service to anyone".

For the rest of it, no, because there is a thing called "freedom of speech" and they have the right to say what they want.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes. If gay marriage is legalized in all 50 states by the supreme court all of those will come true eventually and more........... just like it was legal to turn away African Americans at restaurants, refused to do biracial weddings, etc etc etc.

However, it will be several years if the sup court does legalize gay marriage in all 50 states, like I'm guessing at least 20 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I do think in areas that have gay marriage they will take it to that level. That is why I supported Prop 8. If it had been only about gay marriage I would have supported gay marriage. I don't like the idea that kids were going to be told by teachers that thinking gay people were sinning made them bigots was OK or that being against gay marriage meant you were filled with hate. I saw the curriculum they were going to use had Prop 8 not passed in Cali. It was scary. I support anyone being able to get married but do not support indoctrination of children and the forcing of churches to change their beliefs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• YES ============ That's the goal, silly!

It's already happened. Here's a wedding photographer that was sucessfully sued:

http://conservativeculture.com/2008/05/christian-photographer-guilty-of-refusing-gay-wedding/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Freedom of Speech won't cover it just like Freedom of Speech doesn't (and shouldn't) cover racial hate crimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes.

Have you read the hate crime legislation in the senate? If not you should. It is so loosly done it even protects child molestors and those that have sex with animals/corpses and such.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• As for wedding business and things like that, they have the right to turn away or refuse service for whoever they please as long as it is a privately owned business. I think it's ridiculous for anyone to go sue crazy .. if they don't want to serve you, take your business elsewhere.

As for the rest of the stuff, people who are against gay marriage have just as much right to be against it than people who are for it and pushing for it to be legalized.

For Christian counselors counseling and telling someone being gay is wrong I don't ever see how someone can sit there and say they are wrong. It's their opinion and they have the right to feel that way.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No, it's in their religion and beliefs... you can't take that from someone... that's like telling a muslim they HAVE to eat pork because its good for them.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• "As for the rest of the stuff, people who are against gay marriage have just as much right to be against it than people who are for it and pushing for it to be legalized. "

REALLY!!.... people are told to just "accept" gay people... but why don't people "accept" we are against that lifestyle?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009